Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Ghajini - Total Damage

The prep for the movie started by e picking up my friends and proceeding to Mayajaal - The place where your money disappears by magic. We arrived just as the movie started. It started with a strong suspense type intro. Nayantara is a medical student who dutifully nods her head at all things explained to her.
It proceeds to a typical day in the life of the brain conked Sanjay Ramaswamy. His condition(typed hastily in MS Word in the file - he also has his own case history on CD). is that he cant remember things beyond 15 minutes except reflex actons and motor actions. His body clock must be keeping accurate time. If he were a comp, I would replace his internal clock.
Anyway the movie proceeds quite fast, but too fast.
The three major highlights of the movie are Asin-Asin-Asin. She looks ravishing. But her acts in the movie are outright bold, hence requiring her to be killed. The couple falling in love with each other is the main highlight of the movie. I think a sequel would follow with this particular thread.

Asin is killed quite brutally, I cant seem to get the sound of "KLUNK" outside my head. This "KLUNK" happens when the villian of the movie repeatedly bangs her head with some strange metal object. Surya is having quite a penchant for getting beaten up with metal pipes et al. Ref:Pithamagan.

The songs are excellent even if they were Rahman remixes. But they are good.

The dances are mediocre.

BGM of the movie is too loud, like a cheap thriller.

The logic of the director needs to be thrashed and incinerated.

Nayantara has a new avatar as a SLUT. All the respect I got for her in Chandramukhi, I have silently tossed it into the dustbin. She looks absolutely cheap, somthing you would pick on the road for $10.

Ending is quite predictable, with the director deciding that one villan is not enough and he needs to desperately copy from the Matrix Trilogy. So he copy paste's villan to introduce
"New Villian.txt" . Of course it conveniently rains and fills the ladies hostel centerstage with enough water for special effects. Again braindead.
One thing though, the graphics were pretty impressive for the double and the fights too. I didnt seem to notice any faults anywhere.

Movie finishes with a kids smile. And sweet Asin's smile in my head. Of course got to get that "KLUNK" sound out of my head. Ouch..... .
Comments:
Hey Sai,
I thought someone has gone thru your blog and commented on that. But its a spam. Anyways...good review. Keep writing more
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?